The Dometic Chescold RC1180 is the most popular 3 way gas fridge in Australia currently. They are the perfect fridge for beach camping, caravanning and long term travelling.
|The Dometic Chescold RC1180 is a tried and tested favourite and can be found in campsites all around Australia|
They are popular for good reason, some of these are:
- Cheap to run, one 9kg gas bottle will last 2+ weeks.
- Decent sized fridge & freezer sections.
- Divider able to be removed to make the whole unit fridge or freezer.
- Able to be run from 240v 12v & Gas.
So far, upon checking right now the website Product Review has received 14 reviews for the Dometic RC1180, and has a 4.1/5 star rating.
Here are some of the positive things that the Product Review users had to say about the RC1180:
- Purchased my RC1180 second hand 10 years ago. Never had a problem, good sturdy and can take a knock.
- Easy to use.
- Great cooling & freezing capacity.
- Built to last - 15 years and going strong.
- Doubles as extra overflow freezer at home on 240v
- Able to stay in one place without having to worry about batteries, 1x 4.5kg bottle lasts exactly 10 days.
- Works great as a fridge & seat!
- Can enjoy ice-cream while camping!
- No hassles with batteries or solar panels!
- Needs to be as level as possible to work properly.
- Wont work in the car when travelling (very well)
- To operate on 12v you need extra heavy duty wiring.
- Uses a lot of power on 12v. Do not forget to swap to gas when you get to camp! Your battery will be flat in no time!
- 12v is not worth using.
- Heavy & Hard to lift when fully loaded.
- No internal basket.
- Carry handles could be better. Awkward to carry for longer distances with current handles.