3 Easy Camping Lunch Recipe IdeasThere is something about camping that is exciting and rewarding when cooking, however I don't want to spend hours preparing food for every meal when I can be relaxing, enjoying the surroundings and joining in on the fun activities!
Below I have put together three quick and easy lunch ideas which are perfect for camping. Ingredients should be easy to pack and store and simple to prepare.
1. Walking Tacos/Tacos in a BagServes 4
- 500g lean ground beef
- 1 pkt. taco seasoning mix
- 4 individual serves of corn chips
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 2 cups of shredded lettuce
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- a few jalapenos (optional)
- Cook beef on camping stove
- Add taco mix as per directions
- Gently crush corn chips whilst the bags are still sealed
- snip the corners of the bags and slice the bags open
- Spoon the beef, lettuce, tomato, cheese, jalapenos, salsa and sour cream into the bags
- Serve with a fork and enjoy
2. Barbeque Feta and Hot Banana Pepper Turkey BurgerMakes 4 burgers
- Burger rolls
- 500g ground turkey
- 1/4 cup seeded, chopped banana peppers
- 1/2 cup crumbed feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- Any additional toppings e.g. tomato, onion tomato sauce etc.
- Preheat your BBQ hot plate on the stove.
- Mix turkey, cheese, peppers and salt and pepper in a bowl
- Form mix into four patties
- Cook patties for apx 8 minutes on each side or until cooked through
- Place on burger roll and enjoy
Omelette in a Bag
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Additional ingredients - add whatever you would like in your omelette e.g. mushrooms, ham, herbs, onion etc.
- Any desired Toppings e.g. sour cream, avocado, cheese, tomatoes, salsa, salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil on your gas stove approx. 3/4 full
- Crack eggs into a heavy duty zip lock bag and add water
- Seal bag and mix until eggs are beaten
- Add any additional ingredients and mix
- Place bags in boiling water (don't let tops of bags poke out the pot and melt) and cook for approx. 13 mins or until omelette is cooked
- Carefully remove bags from water
- Open bag and slide omelette onto plate
- Add desired toppings
- Eat and enjoy
Do you have any great easy lunch recipes you'd like to share? Place them in the comments below!